Join our team! We handle computer and network support, serving as an outsourced IT department for our small to midsized business clients in the St. Louis area. Are you a solutions oriented, innovative thinker? A team player who has a “whatever it takes” attitude?
We’re a friendly, fast-growing company with a collaborative, team-focused culture, and we take great pride in contributing to our clients’ success. Are you ready to join our team?
This position will be a dedicated resource for one of our clients, working from our office and still very much a part of our team here at CIO. Most of the work will be done by phone, however there will be occasional travel required, averaging one week per quarter. You must be equally comfortable in person and on the phone with executive level clients, and extremely professional and quick on your feet. This position is not a management role, but there will be a leadership element as the communications lead for this client. You must exhibit an intermediate degree of technical knowledge that can be applied to this customer’s technical issues and problems. Moreover, as the primary support for the client desktops, printers and infrastructure, you will be responsible for resolving issues with the support of our team as necessary. By providing exceptional service delivery, you will secure the company’s positive reputation with this client. We will rely on you to perform service and preventive maintenance activities on products, and assist in installations and deployments.
- Work independently to answer service desk calls, urgently analyze technical issue(s), troubleshoot over the phone and via remote log-in, and escalate problems to Level 3 support when appropriate.
- Provide onsite and remote desktop support to our clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve all hardware configuration, application software, security, firmware and connectivity issues at the desktop level.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve all wireless configuration and connectivity issues.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve issues with smartphones and tablets, such as iPhone, or Android.
- Propose and successfully implement process improvements.
- Provide problem resolution and Trouble Ticket responsiveness at the local Help Desk.
- Multi-task to support a variety of network and end-user environments with executives, business owners, managers and end users.
- Demonstrate superior communication skills to respond to diverse clients with urgent needs while recognizing they are looking for solutions, not technical explanations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business Technology, related field of study or equivalent work experience (minimum 4 years experience working in similar role).
- Experience working in a managed services organization preferred but not required.
- Microsoft MCP, Comptia Network+ and/or Comptia A+ certifications are a plus!
- Microsoft certification is highly desired as we are a Microsoft partner.
- Certifications or extended work histories may be substituted for the educational requirement in some situations.
- Proficiency in supporting Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8.
- High Proficiency in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledgeable of desktop software such as Microsoft Office Suite.
- Basic server support skills and understanding of Windows 2003, 2008 and 2012.
- Networks, internet connection issues, as well as be able to configure network devices such as routers.
- Basic desktop VPN connectivity troubleshooting and configuration (Cisco, Sonicwall, OpenVPN).
- Security software such as Anti-virus, Anti-SPAM, Anti-Spyware, and other security related technologies.
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations; ability to interpret a variety of instructions.
- Deadline and solutions oriented with the ability to handle multiple competing priorities; wide variety of responsibilities means you’ll never be bored!
- Team player who can roll up their sleeves and get involved in everything from big projects to mundane, simple tasks – A true go-getter!
- Not easily frazzled and strong time-management skills during busy and slower periods throughout the day.
- Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
This position does require Engineers to be part of an on-call rotation to handle basic triage and network emergencies for a one week duration usually once every month and a half for each Engineer. This position will require travel averaging one week per quarter.
We value our employees’ time and efforts. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by our competitive compensation and an extensive benefits package including paid time off, medical, dental and vision benefits and future growth opportunities within the company. Plus, we work to maintain the best possible environment for our employees, where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.